Version 2 history
[28/01/2019][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 15]
- [Emudriver] New driver packages based on Adrenalin 18.5.1. Lots of new AMD GPUs & APUs supported. Fixes support for 4K custom resolutions which is broken on official AMD drivers.
- [Arcade OSD] Implemented new rendering backend based on Direct3D9Ex. This allows fluid page flipping on modern versions of Windows, making it possible to perform accurate refresh measurements again. It also fixes some compatibility issues. DirectDraw now is only used on Windows XP.
- [VMMaker] Fixed bug that caused EDID emulation device list to appear empty.
- [VMMaker] Fixed EDID emulation through HDMI for new GPUs, previously it caused unstability.
- [VMMaker] Several bugs fixed regarding internal management of mode lists.
[19/10/2018][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 14]
- [Emudriver] Removed low pixel clock limitation on HDMI outputs. This allows outputting 15 kHz through HDMI in combination with HDMI->VGA active adapters.
- [VMMaker] Added support for EDID emulation on digital outputs (HDMI and DVI-D). EDID emulation drop-down menu now shows outputs by type. DisplayPort still not supported.
- [VMMaker] Support for pixelclocks up to 6 GHz. Modeline generation now possible from 15 kHz up to 8K fulldome. Bandwidth limitations imposed by drivers still apply.
- [VMMaker] Fix XML processing of newer versions of MAME.
[07/03/2018][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 13]
- [VMMaker] Fix composite sync for HD 5000+ cards.
[23/12/2017][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 12]
- [VMMaker] Added support for composite sync.
- [Emudriver] New fix to allow stable support for composite sync for legacy cards (only applies to package based on Catalyst 12.6).
[24/11/2017][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 11]
- [Emudriver] Disabled deflicker filter for interlaced modes. Now your interlaced modes will look perfectly sharp, with all their genuine flicker intact.
- [VMMaker] Fixed bug that caused CRT Emudriver not being detected under Windows XP.
- [VMMaker] Added new preset for 15/31 kHz dual-sync monitor.
[03/03/2017][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 10]
- [VMMaker] Added option to include multiple modelines in emulated EDID. When enabled, the current modelist is added to the EDID definition (maximum of 20 modes supported). If disabled, only a 640x480 modeline will be included, as usual.
- [VMMaker] Fixed bug that caused newer video cards to be incorrectly detected as legacy ones.
[08/02/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 9]
- [Emudriver] New driver packages based on Crimson 16.2.1. Lots of new AMD GPUs & APUs supported.
- [Arcade OSD] Changes to correctly apply polarities and refresh with Crimson drivers.
- [VMMaker] New commands available from the application's console, to allow manual management of the mode list, etc. Type "help" for details.
[01/02/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 8]
- [Emudriver] Fixed bug in Setup preventing the driver from getting installed depending on the location of the installation files.
[26/01/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 7]
- [Emudriver] Forced reset of interleave flag upon device power-up. Fixes problem with ATOM-15 flashed cards that caused a shrinked picture with progressive modes and double picture with interlaced modes.
[23/01/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 6]
- [Emudriver] Fixed critical bug in driver that caused the system to get frozen randomly upon display device restart.
- [Arcade OSD] Correctly assign sync polarity to AMD HD 5000+ cards. Because AMD documentation is wrong, VMMaker where assigning the polarities the wrong way. This must be the direct cause of most out-of-sync issues reported till now. What happened is that GM assigned positive sync instead of negative, and vice versa. This is fixed now, but you'll need to update your crt_range definitions. By default, negative sync (0) is what should be used in most cases. Thanks to intealls for doing proper checks with an oscilloscope and R-Typer for double-checking.
- [VMMaker] ATI legacy: now interlaced modes are reported with full refresh (not halved) in W7+. This should solve problems with games that use a hardcoded 60 Hz refresh.
- [VMMaker] Better alignment of modeline generator to GroovyMAME's.
- [Arcade OSD] Fixed Powerstrip support.
[07/01/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 5]
- [Emudriver] Added missing dlls for ADL library (thanks to Fonki for reporting). Issue affected HD 5xxx and newer cards. It caused VMMaker not recognizing the driver.