You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Images

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Captcha image. Turn pictures on to see it.
Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Hello, I just tried to revert to generic_15 instead of arcade_15, and it switches to 480i for 1941 cps1 game for example.

with arcade_15 pacman dk etc work correctly in 15khz but cps/cave games don't show
with generic_15 they show at 480i instead of progressive low res

I tried other custom settings but I still don't understand how to allow these specific games to work this way

Edit : Fixed my problem by getting rid of interlaced modes in mame.ini

Try generic_15 instead of arcade_15. It's the most conservative preset.

after some gaming I noticed some games still don't work with arcade_15 preset, like dodonpachi series, I guess the resolution is out of range of the arcade_15 setup while it's rotated ? if it's the problem is it possible to create a custom range of 15khz only for vertical games along with the custom tri-sync basic setup ?

awesome ! thanks !

Create a blank vertical.ini file, then add this line: "monitor arcade_15".

Hello,

I am using a tri-sync monitor which has 3 modes 15-24-31khz.

It's a toshiba monitor which is present in the New Net City cabinet, I don't have it's specs so I use Tri-Sync monitor chassis presets for the range.

Since I don't have much room in my flat I have decided to stick with horizontal screen to play even vertical games. So I decided to use the preset fixed horizontal monitor.

Everything works great under Groovymame, but the problem I have is vertical games don't stay at 15khz.

I have an osd panel to change the screen size but the matter is it switches to 24khz ou 31khz so it doesn't look right.

I have found another thread with crt_range settings, where Calamity pointed it's possible to create a vertical.ini file to set limits but I couldn't get it to work maybe because I have 3 crt_range lines ?

I would like some help to figure out a solution to make vertical games stay at 15khz and fill my screen without messing with other games.

Thank you