V e r s i o n H i s t o r y
[04/10/2015][CRT Emudriver 1.2b][VMMaker + Arcade OSD 1.4b]
- [VMMaker] XML processing adapted to MAME v.0162
[01/03/2015][CRT Emudriver 1.2b][VMMaker + Arcade OSD 1.4a]
- [Arcade OSD] Fixed error when setting desktop resolution in Windows XP. Windows 7/8 not affected.
[10/10/2014][CRT Emudriver 1.2b][VMMaker + Arcade OSD 1.4]
- [Emudriver] Windows 7 version promoted from beta. Based on Catalyst 13.1 "reloaded", by kevsamiga1974.
- [Emudriver] Removed timing cache from versions 6.5 & 9.3 for XP. Now you no longer need to create a minimum number of custom modes in order to get dynamic modelines.
- [Emudriver] Version 9.3 for XP-32/64. Added lots of missing of PCI IDs, including the "Mobility Radeon" ones. It should fix most problems with not recognized hardware.
- [Arcade OSD] Fixed bug affecting Windows 7 where the desktop mode wouldn't be properly detected.
[Arcade OSD] Full support for super resolutions. Fixed bug with dotclocks above 100 MHz. Fixed font aspect ratio with ultra-wide modes.
[Arcade OSD] Full Windows 7 support.
[16/06/2012][VMMaker 1.3c][Arcade OSD 1.3b]
- [VMMaker] XML processing adapted to MAME v.0146 (reported by genius77).
- [VMMaker] New list of video modes for emulation (ReslList.txt). By Recap.
- [VMMaker] New list of main systems for MAME (MameMain.txt). By Recap.
- [VMMaker] Main system selection based on rom name.
- [VMMaker] New option "OnlyListMain", allows listing only video modes from games included in MameMain.txt
- [VMMaker] New option "YresRound", allows asigning a rounding factor to the vertical resolution, rationalizing the mode table.
- [VMMaker] Now options ModeTableMethod, XresMin, YresMin and YresRound have two suffixes: _XML and _custom. Each one applies to a different source: xml (MAME/MESS) or custom (ReslList.txt), making it possible to use different criteria for each group.
- [VMMaker] Automatic creation of "magic" mode table (ModeTableMethod_XML/custom = 2). Creates a table of dummy resolutions, in the form 1234 x (yres), allowing a great reduction of the mode table size. This option can only be used with GroovyMAME and Windows XP. It is meant as a workaround for a bug in Hypersping that makes it crash when the mode list exceeds a certain number of modes.
- [VMMaker] Important improvements in the generation of the mode table for multi-frequency monitors.
[Arcade OSD] Added support for sync polarities.
- [Arcade OSD] Support for multiple monitors. The new option "Attach OSD to current monitor" allows selecting the active monitor by drag-and-dropping the program's window over the desired monitor.
- [Arcade OSD] The new option "Lock unsupported modes" blocks the video modes which Windows considers as not supported by our monitor. Arcade monitors and CRT TVs don't have an EDID, so when using these Windows will show all video modes as supported, including those that are potentially dangerous. Thus this option can't be used to filter out unsupported modes. It's function is quite the opposite: to unlock those video modes that Windows might consider as unsupported, in those monitors that have a valid EDID,
[16/04/2011][CRT Emudriver 1.2][VMMaker 1.3][Arcade OSD 1.2]
- [Emudriver] New version based on Catalyst 6.5 for Windows x64
- [VMMaker] New version 1.3, support for multi-frequency monitors (beta).
[06/03/2011][CRT Emudriver 1.2][VMMaker 1.2][Arcade OSD 1.2]
- [Emudriver] New version based on Catalyst 9.3 para Windows x64
- [VMMaker] New options VerticalAspect, ModeTableMethod, DotClockMin, AnyCatalyst (view VMMaker.ini for details).
- [Arcade OSD] Fixed problem that prevented from preserving the changes applied to the desktop video mode.
[24/12/2010][CRT Emudriver 1.2][VMMaker 1.1][Arcade OSD 1.1]
- [Emudriver] New version based on Catalyst 9.3
- [VMMaker] New method for mode labelling, in order tell modes from others with similar refresh. Based on using three figures to label the vertical refresh, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org Hz would be labelled as 320x256_555. To restore old labelling system use VFreqLabelx10 = 0 in vmmaker.ini.
- [VMMaker] Improvements to the modeline generator, so monitor timing can be stablished more accurately (new options VFrontPorch, VSyncPulse, VBackPorch).
- [Arcade OSD] Solved problen with Arcade OSD and DDraw in Catalyst 9.3.
- [Arcade OSD] Solved problen with Arcade OSD when showing interlaced modes timing.
[05/10/2010][CRT Emudriver 1.1][VMMaker 1.0][Arcade OSD 1.0]
- [Emudriver] Solved problem of driver installation in cards different from the Radeon 9250, due to an error in .inf file error.
- [Emudriver] Added support to Ati Radeon X1950 Pro (tested by ConanR).
- [Emudriver] Pre-installed video modes for MAME v.139
[08/09/2010][CRT Emudriver 1.0][VMMaker 1.0][Arcade OSD 1.0]
- First full version.