1 (edited by R-Typer 2015-02-21 19:11:34)

Topic: ArcadeOSD.exe doesnt change desktop resolution?

Hello!

When I run the latest ArcadeOSD version 1.4, it doesnt change desktop resolution. It does change it, but when I exit the ArcadeOSD the desktop resolution reverts back to previous resolution. For example it stays at 640x480 although in ArcadeOSD it is set at 768x576. Only way to change desktop resolution is to go to drivers tab and set manually from the list of available resolutions.

Im using the latest drivers for xp and vmmaker downloaded from this site. Re-installation of drivers didn't help also.

I have tried with both 4850 and 4350 video cards I have, and they behave the same. Im running windows xp sp3 x86.

I should also mention that I didn't have these problems before, I think it begun after I set desktop resolution at 800x600@50hz in WinModelines.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Re: ArcadeOSD.exe doesnt change desktop resolution?

Ok, I tried Arcade_OSD.exe from older drivers crt_emudriver_9.3_1.2a_xp32 and it is saving choosen resolution as the desktop resolution correctly.

So it's working now but I still don't know why the latest Arcade_OSD from the crt_emudriver_9.3_1.2b_xp_32 package doesnt work.

Any help?

Hi R-Typer,

This is a bug that's been introduced with the support for Windows 7. I'll need to look into this. Please let me know the exact version of Arcade OSD that works (rather than the Emudriver one), so I can check it too.

Thanks,

Calamity

4 (edited by R-Typer 2015-02-27 17:27:33)

Hello Calamity,

Here is the working version on this dropbox link. I didn't know how else to send you the file since http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/  doesn't work at the moment..

Thank you!

Hi R-Typer,

This bug is finally fixed in version 1.4a, download the separate updated package from the link at the bottom of this post.

Calamity, the new version works flawlessly! Thank you again so much!!!