1 (edited by neoman24 2018-11-02 17:31:05)

Topic: Emudriver: No option to choose from in EDID Emulation drop down menu

Hello,

So i'm new to CRT Emudriver so i'm sorry for asking any noobish questions.

My specs are:
Mobo: asus rog strix z370-f
cpu: intel i7-8700k
Ram: corsair vengeance 8x2 3000mhz
Gpu: Ati Radeon HD 6450 2gb gddr3

My plan was to use a VGA to Scart cable to my CRT consumer TV (not a monitor). I was to to this seeing as VMmaker has an option to enable CSync on my GPU. (Hopefully i'm not wrong)

So I've followed the guide and install the driver successfully. I've connected my GPU with HDMI to an ASUS Flatscreen monitor first. i've checked the VMmaker and the driver was recognized.
I've also checked the EDID emulation drop down menu and the options where there.

Then i shut down my PC and installed the cable to my CRT. So now i could work on my Monitor and on my CRT simultaneously. i launched VMmaker and in "video card" Tab under "devices" i could see the two options for my screens but now there was no option under output to choose from, it was just blank and same as the "enable EDID emulation"button, it was blank.

I thought it was because there was two displays and if i deleted the CRT one i could then choose the analog_0 option.

the steps i've taken was i disabled the CRT monitor through display settings and Catalyst software, but the 2 options under devices was there. nothing changed.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver again. nothing changed

So, i decided to delete the registry for the CRT TV in RegEdit where VMmaker (as shown under "listing display devices) was getting the info for the displays (or so i thought). Nothing changed.

Now, i've tried unistalling the driver again but there was no such option, only to install the driver again even though the gpu driver was recognized as the CRT emudriver one.

And now here i am, asking for help before i make everything worse than it already is. Any help would be great. thank you

P.S: I've installed CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 14 (Crimson 16.2.1 non-GCN* cards) for Windows 7/8/10 64-bits for this HD 6450 card.

Re: Emudriver: No option to choose from in EDID Emulation drop down menu

Hi neoman24,

neoman24 wrote:

the steps i've taken was i disabled the CRT monitor through display settings and Catalyst software

What Catalyst software? How did it get in your computer?

3 (edited by neoman24 2018-11-03 00:53:42)

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply i had to finish from work.

I though Catalyst was part of your drivers to be honest. My PC is brand new. HD 6450 was the first GPU i used on it and CRT Emudriver was the first driver used.

Although windows had recognized the GPU and installed drivers by itself. I had rolled back from those drivers (from the card properties in device manager) before installing yours.

Here is an image with info found on my Catalyst Centre
https://imgur.com/quAjd2X

Also here is an image with my problem in VMmaker.
https://imgur.com/F39bMwf

In the device drop-down menu on the top of that tab, select "\\.\DISPLAY1" instead of "\\.\DISPLAY2", and see if doing that makes the outputs appear in the outputs menu below.  If that works, enable EDID emulation on Analog 0 and remind selecting "\\.\DISPLAY2" back before installing the video modes.

I uninstalled the control center and then used AMD Clean Uninstall Utility. reinstalled CRT Emudriver and now everything is back to normal fortunately. 

one more problem arises though.

Is there any documentation for the Csync option? I can't seem to make work as nothing changes when i enable it. If not, it's alright, i've taken enough of your time.

Check this post, in case you haven't.

Hello again,

I've set it all up, it was just a matter of cutting off the Vsync from the VGA to Scart cable. ( as i said, pretty new to this stuff)

Thanks again Calamity, for all of this.