1 (edited by reticentrobot 2023-11-14 20:13:58)

Topic: Need some guidance - R5 Series

I'm completely lost on what to do to get everything working.

I have an internal Intel UHD Graphics 630 hooked up to a PC monitor at 1080p via DP, and a VGA to Component cable running to a Toshiba 24AF43 CRT on an R5 Series Card (400 I think, but after installing the Calamity driver it shows up as an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (CRT Emudriver)).

In VMMaker, first thing is that I'm not sure if I should be choosing 15hz Generic/Arcade as per the setup guide for the driver or if I should be using NTSC 60Hz?  Neither seem to be working correctly, but NTSC looks a bit more normal:

My current output and settings can be seen here:
https://imgur.com/a/r6LwCwY

Thank you!

Re: Need some guidance - R5 Series

a VGA to Component cable

First off, seems you may have trivialized this aspect as per that TV set's picture and it's quite a bit involved actually. You should ask around about this, but an ordinary VGA-to-YPP cable won't do. Besides properly making the color-space conversion, you also need to get 15 kHz, since that's what the card will output once you finish the process properly. So ask about 15-kHz transcoders.

Secondly, why this, may I ask?

internal Intel UHD Graphics 630 hooked up to a PC monitor at 1080p via DP

I'd truly follow Calamity's guide and try to get a more usual install before attempting to use two cards simultaneously.