Topic: Any Interest in Starting a Card Compatibility List for ATOM-15?

Manufactuer
Chipset
Model

????

Re: Any Interest in Starting a Card Compatibility List for ATOM-15?

Worked perfectly for me using ati Winflash..
HD4850 here

I flashed perfectly well my Sapphire HD4350 using ati Winflash.

work ok in

ati hd4550
ati hd4890

what kind of Ati hd4890?
I have a Sapphire Ati HD4890 Vapor-X 1gb Ram

premuto wrote:

work ok in

ati hd4550
ati hd4890

thanks for the info, i have a 4550 here and look forward to applying the patch in the near future

limner wrote:

what kind of Ati hd4890?
I have a Sapphire Ati HD4890 Vapor-X 1gb Ram

I have the same card of you. Work ok

I have a friend with hd4870 also work too

work ok in

ati hd4870 Raedon

My Tv crt in ext2... in ext1 NO! with "euroconector"

Powercolor hd 4670 1 gb with 2 dvi. Atom-15 work perfect

Confirmed working:

XFX - AMD Radeon R5 220 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 Graphics Card

This card is listed as a "Best Buy" exclusive and can be had for $49.99 as of late August 2016. It's passively cooled and, as you might expect, isn't a very strong 3D performer. This card also exists in a 1GB version for about half the price. While I can't confirm the 1GB model will work, I strongly suspect it will.

The card shows up as a Radeon HD 6450 in Device Manager, so I'm thinking AMD rebranded this model.

ATOM-15 worked great on this card's BIOS. My UEFI POST screen is now visible on my WG D9400 Trimode monitor. (prior to flashing the modded BIOS, I was getting "Over Range" until Windows booted) I am using Windows 10 x64 on a Gigabyte B150M-DS3H motherboard with a Core i3 3.8Ghz. 

This setup works great for MAME and Sega Naomi emulation. I also am able to run Street Fighter 4 for the PC at 60fps as long as I don't have all the gfx settings cranked. I do have most of them set fairly high though.

One minor bug I've noticed since the ATOM-15 flash...

On a cold boot, the Windows desktop screen comes up with a vertically shrunken picture. I suspect is related to the following note, since it appears some horizontal lines aren't being drawn due to an interlace issue.

[26/01/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 7]

- [Emudriver]  Forced reset of interleave flag upon device power-up. Fixes problem with ATOM-15 flashed cards that caused a shrinked picture with progressive modes and double picture with interlaced modes.

This shrunken picture affects all resolutions in Windows. If I simply reboot the PC, the Windows desktop looks fine. I'm hoping there's a simple fix or option I can change for this. I'm going to post this in the other section of this site for reference. (I am running beta 8, btw)

In closing, thank you Calamity for making this possible!

Flashed so far two models with 15 kHz mode only: Asus Radeon HD4350 (first model, standard profile, wide passive fan) and Fujitsu HD5450 (2 DVI-I outputs).

On both I have visible UEFI bootscreen and UEFI setup on standard CRT TV. Sadly Windows 7 usues old Vista boot loading screen instead of flag (probably due missing 1024x768).
Both cards outputs BIOS/UEFI for both displays.

Today I've flashed so called HD6350 (actually 5450 made by Dell) with DMS-59 and two VGA outputs.

Worked perfect with my AMD Radeon 7870XT