1 (edited by veriloq 2020-03-24 12:47:53)

Topic: Using CRT Emudriver with two graphics cards

• GPU 1: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5600 X

• GPU 2: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770

Dear all,

I've recently bought two graphics cards for my PC: an AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT to play new games and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 to output my PC screen to a BVM. I've tried to install the CRT Emudriver for my HD 5770 and the regular AMD Radeon driver for my RX 5600 XT, but when one of the two is installed, the other stops working.

When the CRT Emudriver is already installed and I try to install the regular AMD Radeon driver, the CRT Emudriver becomes uninstalled. When the regular AMD Radeon driver is installed and I try to install the CRT Emudriver, the regular AMD Radeon driver stops working and it displays the message "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.".

To solve this problem, I've tried to install the RX 580 CRT Emudriver also for my RX 5600 XT, but this does not work. Is there another solution? Í'm willing to sell my HD 5770 and buy a newer AMD graphics card instead if this would help (for example a Radeon R9), because the HD 5770 is not supported by AMD anymore.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Re: Using CRT Emudriver with two graphics cards

Hi veriloq,

Indeed, two versions of the AMD drivers can't coexist as far as I know. The approach with CRT Emudriver has been to try to keep updated versions (as much as time permits) so you can use a modern card for both new games and emulation, instead of having to resort to an "older" ATI card as most forums keep recommending.

But unfortunately there's no CRT Emudriver support for your RX 5600 X yet, so even buying a newer card for your CRT isn't going to help I'm afraid, sorry.

Hopefully when time permits we'll provide support for your card.