1 (edited by spacorn 2022-08-19 18:30:41)

Topic: Radeon Vega Series compatibility

Hello!

I'm considering getting a small form factor PC with a compatible video card for crt_emudriver. The one I'm currently looking at is a COOFUN UM350, which has a Radeon Vega 8 video card.

Now, the crt_emudriver v2.0 compatibility list includes "RX Vega Series". I'm confused at the "RX" part of it.. According to Wikipedia, the "RX Vega Series" includes the entry-level Vega 3, Vega 6 and Vega 8 (which don't include "RX" on the name), but I thought it was best to verify...

Does crt_emudriver currently support these?

Thanks in advance.

2 (edited by spacorn 2022-08-25 20:24:57)

Re: Radeon Vega Series compatibility

I went ahead and got my hands on a small form factor PC with a RX Vega 10 video card for testing (PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15D8&SUBSYS_01231002&REV_C1). However, the driver installer doesn't recognize any compatible devices.

By inspecting the C0328911.inf file, I see there are other "Vega" models listed (Vega 3, Vega 8 and RX Vega 11...), but not RX Vega 10.

Can something be done?

(I managed to install it by replacing one of the entries with my hardware id, but it doesn't seem to load afterwards (the Device status reports: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)")

I'm testing this on Windows 10 Home, with the driver version: "2.0 beta 15 (Adrenalin 18.5.1 for GCN* cards) for Windows 10 64-bits"

Any tips, or even a confirmation that nothing can be done, would be very appreciated, thanks in advance.

edit: got my reply here http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.p … msg1758211