Topic: No CRT Emudriver support for certain 7XXXM Series Cards?

I recently purchased a desktop Radeon HD 7470 on eBay to use with my CRT but unfortunately in device manager it lists it as an "AMD Radeon 7400M Series" card, emphasis on the M. Looking at the supported device list in the installation tutorial page, I don't see HD 7X00M series below 7700M. I think maybe because this model lacks a fan they used the mobile chip but sold it as a desktop card, that just my guess though. For reference, I have gotten video to my CRT on a Radeon HD 4550 so I'm pretty sure I'm doing the setup process correctly.

Regardless, is there anyway to make this card work or should I just go for a 6450? It doesn't matter too much as all of these cards are dirt cheap, but I would like to use the best fanless card possible. I've tried installing all 3 driver versions on Windows 10 and the only one that actually installs the driver (CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 15 (Crimson 16.2.1 non-GCN* cards) installs the driver but yields the following error in device manager:
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Some other stuff from the driver menu that may mean more to someone smarter:

Problem Code:
"00000000"

"0180200A
DN_DRIVER_LOADED
DN_STARTED
DN_DISABLEABLE
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER"

"Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service AMD External Events Utility for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_85151043&REV_00\4&4DD5766&0&00DC with the following status: 0."

Anyways, just wondering about this. I wish the cards were more transparent about being M series! It doesn't say it anywhere on the card!! Only in the device manager. Thanks!

Re: No CRT Emudriver support for certain 7XXXM Series Cards?

Hi johmmywagner,

Sorry I'm late. Yes, we've had problems supporting "M" gpus since the old days, for some stupid reason ATI/AMD decided to separate this group in their drivers and it's always been problematic.  Until I can prepare a new release (don't hold your breath) it's probably more practical to get a 6450, or an R5/R7.