Topic: ATOM-15 thread.

Important: a critical bug affecting older Radeon cards (the X series at least) has been found and fixed. There's a new version 1.1. Please make sure to update and DO NOT flash the X series with the old version! Users of HD models don't need to worry, it's just a problem related to older models.

Re: ATOM-15 thread.

Hello Calamity, quick question about this new tool: is this being done to work with video card later version of Radeon HD 4xxx ?
thanks for you great work

Hi bisus,

I've tested this successfully with HD 5450 and HD 6450. Unfortunately inside Windows we're still stuck with HD 4xxx if we want custom video, so flashing newer cards is not useful yet. With Linux you can use HD 5xxx and HD 6xxx with no issues.

Hello Calamity, Regarding the ATOM-15 docs and which ATI cards are most likely to be successfully patched, it states: "probably all models since the Radeon X800"
I am thinking of attempting the BIOS update on an X600 card. I will attempt this over the next day or two and report results, unless you believe it is unlikely to work, in which case I expect I will and purchase another card off ebay (a HD4xxx).

It won't work for the X600, the program will refuse to patch it.

6 (edited by jadder 2014-10-15 23:34:04)

Calamity wrote:

It won't work for the X600, the program will refuse to patch it.

OK thanks that saves me the time of attempting the process only to find it fails.
Lots of cheap HD4xxx cards on ebay at the moment so i expect i will pick one up soon (without a fan... because who wants extra noise? ;)

Calamity is the of going to boot directly in 15khz or there still will be a short off frequency till Windows loads up ?

bisus wrote:

Calamity is the of going to boot directly in 15khz or there still will be a short off frequency till Windows loads up ?

You will get 15 KHz (or whatever you choose) right from the BIOS post to the point where Windows (or Linux) video drivers load up.

thanks and great news,  do I need to un'installazione your drivers previously installed or I can just flash the card and leave the rest as it was ?

You don't need to reinstall the drivers