Topic: HD4890 Powercolor Edition not supported by XP32 Drivers

Hello,  I managed to find an HD4890 Powercolor card that is not recognized the the 9.xx windows32 Emudrivers. In windows7-64 the win7 drivers do install fine and the OSD tool does work ok. Unfortunately i decided to try and use WindowsXP-32 to see what the difference is in trying to force 15KHz compared to Windows7 as i could not find a way to reboot in 15KHz once I switch from my LCD to a NANAO MS9100 CRT.

Could I take the vendorID string from the windows7 drivers and add this to the XP driver INF file? Or would the catalyst app still ignore it?  But then mayber installing the drivers via device manager might help?

Thanks!

Re: HD4890 Powercolor Edition not supported by XP32 Drivers

You need to add the PCI ID to several files (not only the .inf). Please post your card's PCI ID here so I can add it to the files. I'm decided to get the packages to support all existing HD 4xxx cards, in fact I thought it they already did.

Thanks Calamity. I took this from Device Manager/properties/details:

Device instance Id:  PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9460&SUBSYS_22811787&REV_00\4&34DB87F&0&0020

Is this sufficient?

Thanks!

Yes.

Download the package again, I've made a change, let's see if it's recognized now.

It worked flawlessly! Thanks a lot for your prompt support. Really appreciated it. Can't wait to continue the configuration.

Thanks for testing. Your chipset was already included but due to duplicated labels it was ignored. I'll have to look through the .inf files to fix all the duplicated labels.