Topic: 480i on AMD APU
Hey all. I recently bought an HP EliteDesk that I plan to use as my CRT media center PC. I have used CRT Emudriver before, but using a discrete graphics card. That is unfortunately no longer an option as my 3090ti is blocking both of my PCIE slots.
My new media center is based on an AMD A808600B with an AMD Radeon R6 APU. It seems that APU do not support EDID emulation, so I am a little stuck on how to get 15kHz output from my VGA port. All I need is 480i at 15kHz, but I am not sure if this is possible or not anymore.
1. I downloaded an installed CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 15 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN* cards) for Windows 7/8/10 64-bits
2. Enabled Test Signing Mode
3. Installed the CRT Emudriver
4. Ran vmmaker, and tried both Arcade 15.7 kHz, and Generic 15.7 kHz Monitor Types
5. I selected \\.DISPLAY 2 - AMD Radeon R6 Graphics Generic Non-PnP Monitor - enabled
6. <<Discovered that EDID list is empty, due to GFX coming from API>>
7. I enabled Composite Sync, and tried "Generate Modes" and "Install Modes", which appears to install modes, but those modes are not available when trying to select the desktop resolution for my PVM.
My computer is connected to a monitor via display port on DISPLAY1, and via VGA->BNC on DISPLAY2.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!