Version 2 history
[19/10/2018][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 14]
- [Emudriver] Removed low pixel clock limitation on HDMI outputs. This allows outputting 15 kHz through HDMI in combination with HDMI->VGA active adapters.
- [VMMaker] Added support for EDID emulation on digital outputs (HDMI and DVI-D). EDID emulation drop-down menu now shows outputs by type. DisplayPort still not supported.
- [VMMaker] Support for pixelclocks up to 6 GHz. Modeline generation now possible from 15 kHz up to 8K fulldome. Bandwidth limitations imposed by drivers still apply.
- [VMMaker] Fix XML processing of newer versions of MAME.
[07/03/2018][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 13]
- [VMMaker] Fix composite sync for HD 5000+ cards.
[23/12/2017][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 12]
- [VMMaker] Added support for composite sync.
- [Emudriver] New fix to allow stable support for composite sync for legacy cards (only applies to package based on Catalyst 12.6).
[24/11/2017][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 11]
- [Emudriver] Disabled deflicker filter for interlaced modes. Now your interlaced modes will look perfectly sharp, with all their genuine flicker intact.
- [VMMaker] Fixed bug that caused CRT Emudriver not being detected under Windows XP.
- [VMMaker] Added new preset for 15/31 kHz dual-sync monitor.
[03/03/2017][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 10]
- [VMMaker] Added option to include multiple modelines in emulated EDID. When enabled, the current modelist is added to the EDID definition (maximum of 20 modes supported). If disabled, only a 640x480 modeline will be included, as usual.
- [VMMaker] Fixed bug that caused newer video cards to be incorrectly detected as legacy ones.
[08/02/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 9]
- [Emudriver] New driver packages based on Crimson 16.2.1. Lots of new AMD GPUs & APUs supported.
- [Arcade OSD] Changes to correctly apply polarities and refresh with Crimson drivers.
- [VMMaker] New commands available from the application's console, to allow manual management of the mode list, etc. Type "help" for details.
[01/02/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 8]
- [Emudriver] Fixed bug in Setup preventing the driver from getting installed depending on the location of the installation files.
[26/01/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 7]
- [Emudriver] Forced reset of interleave flag upon device power-up. Fixes problem with ATOM-15 flashed cards that caused a shrinked picture with progressive modes and double picture with interlaced modes.
[23/01/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 6]
- [Emudriver] Fixed critical bug in driver that caused the system to get frozen randomly upon display device restart.
- [Arcade OSD] Correctly assign sync polarity to AMD HD 5000+ cards. Because AMD documentation is wrong, VMMaker where assigning the polarities the wrong way. This must be the direct cause of most out-of-sync issues reported till now. What happened is that GM assigned positive sync instead of negative, and vice versa. This is fixed now, but you'll need to update your crt_range definitions. By default, negative sync (0) is what should be used in most cases. Thanks to intealls for doing proper checks with an oscilloscope and R-Typer for double-checking.
- [VMMaker] ATI legacy: now interlaced modes are reported with full refresh (not halved) in W7+. This should solve problems with games that use a hardcoded 60 Hz refresh.
- [VMMaker] Better alignment of modeline generator to GroovyMAME's.
- [Arcade OSD] Fixed Powerstrip support.
[07/01/2016][CRT Emudriver 2.0][CRT Tools 2.0][beta 5]
- [Emudriver] Added missing dlls for ADL library (thanks to Fonki for reporting). Issue affected HD 5xxx and newer cards. It caused VMMaker not recognizing the driver.